Re: REALLY stupid question

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Rebecca Jones <rmj0nes(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: REALLY stupid question
Date: 2009-01-29 16:13:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

Rebecca,

If you're familiar with MS Access you can use it as an interface. It
has to be configured so it uses ODBC. PhpPGAdmin is also a good
choice. Using it, you can interface with a browser.

I don't really know much about postgres in a Windows environment, but
in Unix I don't have to supply those parameters unless there is
ambiguity. For example, I have two instances running on the same
machine. One uses port number 5432 and the other uses 5433. In this
case, I specify the port so that postgres will know which instance I
want it to connect to.

Carol