Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]
Date: 2007-10-11 17:04:05
Lists: pgsql-www

- --On Thursday, October 11, 2007 09:42:55 -0700 Selena Deckelmann
<selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On 10/11/07, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> >

>> > No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it is 'MT
>> > backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would change the look ...
>> We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the underlying
>> tech to something like Drupal which is a little more configrable than
>> MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a "temporary measure" that
>> somehow lasted 4 years.
>> Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very welcome, as
>> long as you provide some way to migrate the historical content, and some
>> way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.
> I can do the drupal installation, style it like the rest of the
> PostgreSQL site and migrate the content.  I could have it all wrapped
> up by the end of November. I've got the conference, and then I'm going
> to NOLA for a week at the end of Oct, or I'd have it done sooner.

Baring any objections ... tell me what you need ...

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype:        ICQ . 7615664
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4 (FreeBSD)