libpq calls not working in a CGI environment

From: Dan Winslow <DWinslow(at)mcsIT(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq calls not working in a CGI environment
Date: 2000-10-25 19:02:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi -
I am developing a CGI program that runs under apache on linux (
redhat 7.0 ), and that uses libpq calls. It does a simple select of a single
varchar column and does a strcpy to a local program variable using
PQgetvalue. When I run it from the command line, it works great. When I run
it as a CGI, it does not error but the string results are garbage. Any
clues? Can post code if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Dan Winslow