VB, RDO, and Parameters

From: "Krasnow, Greg" <gak(at)hnc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VB, RDO, and Parameters
Date: 1998-05-27 21:43:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Has anyone been able to create Parameterized queries for PostresSQL (using
PostODBC)?

I have a VB app which works fine for Oracle, Access, DB/2, Informix, etc...
and I am trying to use it with a postgres database. In the app I have a
parameter query (i.e. "SELECT ... WHERE fdl1 = ?") I was getting a parse
error on this from the psotgres engine. I then tried using "SELECT ...
WHERE fld1 = $1" and am now getting parameter $1 out of range? Has anyone
out there done anything similar to this?

- Greg

Greg Krasnow
HNC Software Inc.
Financial Industry Solutions