Installing temporal "period" data type and support functions

From: "Turner, John J" <JJTurner(at)statestreet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing temporal "period" data type and support functions
Date: 2010-09-01 20:51:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
One of the current projects I'm working on calls for a database with
temporal support, thus I came across PostgreSQL being informed that it
was "headed in the right direction" and as far as I can see, goes
further than mySQL in that respect.

I've since installed the postgreSQL 9.0 Beta version and have it running
on my workstation.

I found the temporal package at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/temporal
which I downloaded.  My question is "What do I need to do with these
files in order to integrate the temporal support with my version of
PostgreSQL?"

I see some .c files, .html files, etc., but I'm at a loss as to how to
get these tied into the platform.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

pgsql-novice by date

Previous:From: Josh KupershmidtDate: 2010-09-01 15:49:38
Subject: Re: Postgresql security checks