context switch storm in 8.1.4 on Xeon XP

From: Corey Horton <Corey_Horton(at)messageone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: context switch storm in 8.1.4 on Xeon XP
Date: 2008-05-12 16:58:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Running 8.1.4 on Xeon MP server running CenOS and we encountered what
appears to be the context switch storm issue that I have seen described
in 7.4 and perhaps is the same one mentioned here:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/pwn20060903.html. Has
this been addressed, and if so, in what version? I apologize if this
was in the release notes somewhere and I missed it. I'll be happy to
provide more details if necessary, though we restarted server before I
had chance to gather much information. If this needs further
investigation, what type of information would be useful to debug this
problem should it appear again?

Thanks,

Corey Horton