context switch storm in 8.1.4 on Xeon XP

From: Corey Horton <Corey_Horton(at)messageone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: context switch storm in 8.1.4 on Xeon XP
Date: 2008-05-12 16:58:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
Running 8.1.4 on Xeon MP server running CenOS and we encountered what
appears to be the context switch storm issue that I have seen described
in 7.4 and perhaps is the same one mentioned here:  Has
this been addressed, and if so, in what version?  I apologize if this
was in the release notes somewhere and I missed it.  I'll be happy to
provide more details if necessary, though we restarted server before I
had chance to gather much information.  If this needs further
investigation, what type of information would be useful to debug this
problem should it appear again?

Corey Horton

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Travis SmithDate: 2008-05-12 17:13:07