Re: Get file size

From: Matt Musgrove <MMusgrove(at)efji(dot)com>
To: "Lukas(at)fmf(dot)vtu(dot)lt" <Lukas(at)fmf(dot)vtu(dot)lt>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Get file size
Date: 2012-09-05 15:15:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
plpgsql is a trusted language so it can't access the file system.

I'd do it with plpgperlu but then again, Perl is my favorite language.

// Totally off-the-cuff (i.e. untested) example code to get you started
CREATE FUNCTION check_file_size (character varying)
RETURNS integer AS $BODY$
    my ( $filepath ) = @_;
    return 0 unless defined $filepath;
    return -s $filepath; # returns size in bytes
$BODY$ LANGUAGE plperlu;