Client Authentication problem

From: "Vaneet Sharma" <vaneet(at)iwg(dot)info>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Client Authentication problem
Date: 2005-04-27 16:43:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am using postgreSQL 8.0.2

I configured the database, started postmaster. It is running well. I can
check and see it with ps anx command.

I am running postgreSQL on centos 3.4 and Centos 4.0 machines

Well, I created a database called test as well by command line on secure

Now the problem is that:
When I try to connect to my server using pgAdminIII, it is giving me the
following error :

"Error connecting to the server: could not connect to the server: No
route to host ( 0X00002751/10065).
Is the server running on host and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?  "

I have read pg_hba file and also included the IP entry of my machine
from which I am connecting
Entry Is below:

host    all         all

I have also changed postgreSQL.conf
1) I included listen_addresses = '*' on port 5432

Well, any help will be appreciated.
Also, can someone tell me where does postgreSQL put the DETAILED log on

I opened logfile ( in home directory of postgreSQL installation , it
does not give detailed log)

Well, I am a bit new to linux and also new to Administration and
Installation of postgres.

Kind Regards

Vaneet Sharma
executive manager
iDeasTank Limited
an iwg business
dolphins' court po 388
valletta, m-malta/europe
mobile:	 +356 9943 8263
fax:	 +356 9952 8888
phone:	 +356 9942 8888

call me on - my ID is CALLVANEET

Want a signature like this? -\signature

iwg is a global e-mobile company creating, building and growing new businesses.  iwg founders are pioneers in creating multi-billion dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia and the US.

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

pgsql-admin by date