Re: postmaster executable ... missing?

From: "joek hondius" <jhondius(at)rem(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postmaster executable ... missing?
Date: 2003-02-05 10:33:47
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi

Copying a symlink under win messes it up.
Windows "sees" it as a Shortcut and rewrites it as one.
Cygwin does not recognize Shortcuts as sysmlinks.

Try it sometime,
-before copy
explorer: postmaster, Shortcut
cyg-bash: postmaster, Symlink
-after copy
explorer: postmaster, Shortcut
cyg-bash: postmaster.lnk, file

ms knows some special filename extentions: .lnk .url, that you dont get to
see even with show extentions ON.
bash does.

I am always gratefull for ms making special exceptions ;)

JH