Re: URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats

From: Camilo Porto <camiloporto(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats
Date: 2007-10-30 14:16:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[Camilo Porto]

> Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:12:28 +0100
> From: plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com
> To: camiloporto(at)hotmail(dot)com
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] URGENT HELP about 'duration' stats
> CC: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
>
> 2007/10/27, Camilo Porto <camiloporto(at)hotmail(dot)com>:
>
> > The parallelism happens even if my PC has only one processor?
>
> PostgreSQL creates a separate process for each client connection -
> whether you have one CPU or more.
>
> > Each query is executed in a separeted Thread?
> No threads, at least on Unix. Regular processes (sometimes called backends).
>
> > I am simulating only 1 client with the Benchmark. Can 1 Client submit
> > parallel queries, in single-processor enviroment?
> If this client uses two connections, you can run two queries in paralell.
    The client uses only 1 connection. In this situation is possible that the EXECUTOR's duration time become greater than the time period which the Query was observed? (as stated in my first topic)?

> this chapter of documentation can be helpful:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/overview.html

Receba GRÁTIS as mensagens do Messenger no seu celular quando você estiver offline. Conheça  o MSN Mobile!
http://mobile.live.com/signup/signup2.aspx?lc=pt-br