Re: Postgres Start

From: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav)" <gbansal(at)avaya(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Start
Date: 2007-12-12 04:04:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

What windows login account are you using? Probably use the Postgres login account.

Subject: [ADMIN] Postgres StartDate: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:16:23 +0800From: gbansal(at)avaya(dot)comTo: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi

I am unable to start Postgres on Windows XP machine using following command:

pg_ctl start -D "D:\Platform\DevEnv\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\"

The error message displayed is:

pg_ctl: another server might be running; trying to start server anyway2007-12-11 14:42:31 PANIC: could not open control file "global/pg_control": Permission denied

Any pointers how can I start the Postgres using pg_ctl. I am able to control the lifecycle of Postgres using Window services "net start". However, I would like to use pg_ctl/ postgres to control the lifecycle states.

- Gaurav
Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello.in