Re: Jobs using pgagent

From: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: samantha mahindrakar <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Jobs using pgagent
Date: 2008-07-16 02:46:26
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Can you show your event log file?
There might be that at different point of time the load on DB is different so it takes some time more than what is expected. -Vishal

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:54:00 -0400From: sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)comTo: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)orgSubject: [ADMIN] Jobs using pgagent
Hi....
Iam using postgres since recently.....there are jobs scheduled using the pgagent. There are loaders and stuff that are scheduled using the pgagent. There is a new job that i have added............the weird part is that it runs for different amounts of time everyday. For example: it has run for 3hours,5 hours on some days and for 16hours on some days. It processing equally amounts of data on each of these days.
When i look at the log file............the RAISE NOTICE statements are not continous .........i.e. statements of other DB processes are printed and then the statements of the program are printed............seems like its running on and off. As far my knowledge goes pgagent can handle parallel jobs.
Though i see locks made by the program............iam not sure if thats the problem. Can someone give me a pointer on this?

Thanks
Sam
Wish to Marry Now? Click Here to Register FREE
http://www.shaadi.com/registration/user/index.php?ptnr=mhottag