Re: [NOVICE] Need help with a query

From: scorpdaddy(at)hotmail(dot)com <scorpdaddy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: A B <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Need help with a query
Date: 2010-10-26 10:24:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is it necessary that this is a table? Because it seems a lot like a view of the same data actually. CREATE VIEW ...

The expected UPDATE query for a table can be problematic. I have a similar issue in 1 of my DB's. New records - new x, y - get written to bar and do not yet have a corresponding x, y record in foo. So when the UPDATE runs it ignores the new records. One can have an after insert trigger to keep foo up to date with bar. But such machinations arise because foo is only a view of the same data in bar.