Re: Ontario Linux Fest

From: Steve Singer <ssinger_pg(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: Ian Bailey <ian(at)hardcircle(dot)net>
Cc: torontopug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ontario Linux Fest
Date: 2008-10-18 04:00:55
Lists: torontopug
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Ian Bailey wrote:

I'd put something up along the lines of:

TorontoPUG will be hosting a Birds of a feather (BOF) session for Postgresql
users at the Ontario Linux Fest on Saturday Oct 25. The Ontario Linux
Fest is a regional conference on Linux and other open source projects. It
will be held at the Days Hotel and Conference Centre - Toronto Airport East.
See http://www.onlinux.ca/ for more information.

I'd guess attendance at last years conference was in the hundreds of people.
I'd suspect turnout will be similar this year.  I have no idea how many
people will attend the PostgreSQL Bof.  They haven't yet posted a finalized
schedule so I'm not sure when the Bof will be or which (if any)
presentations it will be competing against.