Kylix connection problem

From: "Geoff Jenkins" <xtr960221(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Kylix connection problem
Date: 2002-12-16 02:59:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am new to both linux, psql and Kylix - some familiarity with Delphi. I
have tried running the Kylix3 demos and also inserted an SQLConnection on a
sand-box app of my own but whenever I try to connect - eg set connected to
true - and enter the user name and password, the su postgres name/pass, or a
name and no password, I get an exception Name/Password access problem. I can
run psql <table> as any user in a terminal window so the server is running.

I installed Kylix as <myname> not root and have added postgres group to
<myname>. hba conf file has default local, all, trust settings.

What else do I neet to do?

Geoff

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chad ThompsonDate: 2002-12-16 15:42:07