Re: how to install postgresql on windows 98 SE ?

From: "Leeuw van der, Tim" <tim(dot)leeuwvander(at)nl(dot)unisys(dot)com>
To: "Rodrigo Santos" <rodrigosantos(at)lycos(dot)co(dot)uk>,<pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to install postgresql on windows 98 SE ?
Date: 2004-10-20 14:12:52
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

ipc-daemon should no longer be used with this version. Besides, it's a hopeleslly outdated version which you have... The current one is now part of the cygwin distribution. But, as said, it shouldn't be used.

There are now up-to-date instructions, which should have come along with the postgresql install, on how to configure it using cygserver (which is part of the base cygwin install).

For WinXX (Win98, Win98SE, WinME, Win95) you have to start the cygserver manually, you cannot install as service (same would go for ipc-daemon, if it would still be used).

cheers,

--Tim