Re: ADO and sequences

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: "Andreas" <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ADO and sequences
Date: 2006-08-23 00:21:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
If you want autoincrement fields to be fully portable, then you will
have to do this client side.
You can do this by creating a table where youhold the next values, and
retrieve from them.  This is similar to the way PosgtreSQL sequences
work internally.
Or, one other way it to have a record where yo identify the backend
type, and depending on the backend run specific code snippets.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: JohannDate: 2006-08-23 03:42:51
Previous:From: AndreasDate: 2006-08-22 22:49:28