Re: Introduction

From: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: 2002-10-26 20:44:38
Lists: sfpug

On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 03:31 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I used to be a DNAI customer :-) I am now a Broadview customer :-(
> for reasons that Dror knows all about.

I used to be DNAI, and am now Speakeasy. Go figure. I also own a
television. :-(

My name is David Wheeler and I'm a software developer. I maintain
Bricolage, an open-source content management system that runs on
Apache/mod_perl with a PostgreSQL back end <http://bricolage.cc/>. I've
been using PostgreSQL for over two years, and love it. And it keeps
getting better with every release!

I used to do database migration from a mainframe-based DB2 database to
SQL Server, but escaped that drudgery to the world of OSS software when
I joined Salon.com in 2000. There we developed the core of what later
became Bricolage, first on Oracle, and then later on PostgreSQL.

Today I run my own consulting company, Kineticode, and offer support
and development services for Bricolage customers. I'm also available
for custom software development work -- send it my way! See my web page
(see sig) for more about me.

From reading the other posts, it looks like I might be the lone
developer among DBAs. That's good -- I could stand to learn a lot from
you all!

Regards,

David

--