Help on some concepts

From: Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help on some concepts
Date: 2003-08-29 07:02:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

I'm currently working on the French translation of 7.4 press release,
but there are some concepts I don't even understand so I'm hard put to
translate them. If someone can help me understand I hope I can find a
proper translation:

- "hash aggregation in memory": I know what's a hash, but what kind of
hash is being aggregated and how is it different from what was done

- "a new wire protocol": what's a wire protocol?

Thanks for the help.

Home page:

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco

pgsql-advocacy by date