Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level

From: "olivier dorie" <olivier(dot)dorie(at)ign(dot)fr>
To: "'Hiroshi Inoue'" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level
Date: 2009-04-09 10:05:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi,

Sorry for my last message, I made some mistakes in my tests.

Since, I have made others tests with begintrans with (the driver 8.4.0100
and the driver 8.3.4):

*         No dirty read

*         Read committed

*         Serializable

I use the server settings or ExecuteSQL("SET ISOLATION LEVEL ..")

All tests give good results.

Regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

olivier dorie wrote:

> Hiroshi,

> Thank you for your answer.

> I try the 2 solutions (BeginTrans and the driver 8.4.0100) and the two

> of them work: in the small test, I describe in the last mail, the

> transaction is serializable.

> I have a last question: with BeginTrans or with the driver  8.4.0100,

> the transaction isolation level is every time serializable ?

Why do you think so?

Your example doesn't seem to show us the difference.

 > Is it possible to

> have a read committed level?

It's determined by the server setting. The default is read committed.

regards,

Hiroshi Inoue

pgsql-odbc by date