Re: disable archiving

From: Paul van den Bogaard <Paul(dot)Vandenbogaard(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disable archiving
Date: 2007-07-23 17:42:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Alvaro,

thanks for the quick reply. Just to make sure: I do not set this
command. This results in the database cycling through a finite set
(hopefully small) set of WAL files. So old WAL files are reused once
the engine thinks this can be done.

Thanks
Paul

On 23-jul-2007, at 19:34, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Paul van den Bogaard wrote:
>> the manual somewhere states "... if archiving is enabled..." To me
>> this
>> implies that archiving can be disabled. However I cannot find the
>> parameter
>> to use to get this result.
>
> Archiving is disabled by not setting archive_command.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera http://
> www.CommandPrompt.com/

---------------------
Paul van den Bogaard
Paul(dot)vandenBogaard(at)sun(dot)com
CIE -- Collaboration and ISV Engineering, Opensource Engineering group

Sun Microsystems, Inc phone: +31
334 515 918
Saturnus 1
extentsion: x (70)15918