JDBC woes SOLVED!!!

From: "Frequency UnKnown" <captainmofopants(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC woes SOLVED!!!
Date: 2004-01-20 04:53:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi.

I've just upgraded some of our sites to Tomcat 5.0. If anyone is wondering
how to get the InstantiationException caused by "org.postgresql.Driver" I
have a solution for you.

The best way to get the package working is to extract the classes into your
Java installation. No amount of messing with the class path or Tomcat
configuration will allow you to use the JAR in it's native form.

Hope this helps some people, it took me a few days to arrive at this
conclusion.

Shelley Pants
Web Developer
JSPWebTech

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here