ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug

From: "Patrick Vachon" <kaleidelf(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ANALYSE on Solaris 8 bug
Date: 2003-06-30 15:24:48
Lists: pgsql-ports
Patrick Vachon
kaleidelf AT hotmail.com

SPARC Sun Blade 100
Solaris 8
PostgreSQL-7.3.3
gcc 2.95.3
compiled with readline and fuzzystrmatch without error.

After doing an ANALYSE command, any equality comparison between two string
fields from different table failed and make the server restart.
The PostgreSQL server complains about a shared memory error and panics.
The database was exported from 7.2.1 using a custom format dump, and
restored into 7.3.3.

It is always reproducible anytime after the database was restored using:
mydb=# analyse;
mydb=# select * from tableA join tableB using (pkeyIntID) where
tableA.varcharField = tableB.varcharField;
-> connection dropped, server restarted
-> #! prompt appears

There is an unique btree index on (pkeyIntID, varcharField) defined on both
tables.
I tried to rebuild database indexes, vacuum full, vacuum analyse, in many
combinaisons, it changed nothing, the bug was still there.
So, anybody has a clue?
If you need more information, just let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Patrick

pgsql-ports by date