Re: small bug in to_char and TM prefix, in RC

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: kleptog(at)svana(dot)org
Cc: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: small bug in to_char and TM prefix, in RC
Date: 2006-11-29 20:25:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:06:07PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > after apply my patch this bug is only visible (for czech env). Propably
>in
> > others languages isn't used diacritic's chars in mont's and days's
>names.
> > str_toupper is too simply and don't support UTF8, which isn't for
>english
> > problem.
> >
> > I prepare patch.
>
>What platform is this? Not all platforms are created equal when it
>comes to handling of toupper/tolower on unicode charaters.

postgres=# select version();
version
PostgreSQL 8.2rc1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.1
20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30)

to_char use pg_toupper

from pgstrcasecmp.c

*
* Fold a character to upper case.
*
* Unlike some versions of toupper(), this is safe to apply to characters
* that aren't lower case letters. Note however that the whole thing is
* a bit bogus for multibyte character sets.
*/

Pavel

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/