update queries taking lot of time

From: "vinita bansal" <sagivini(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: update queries taking lot of time
Date: 2005-02-24 18:21:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am running update query of the form "update tablename set x = y where
exists (select .....)"
These queries are taking lots of time. I dropped all indices on the table
which provided some improvement but not remarkable performance. I am looking
for ways to improve it. Can someone suggest what all can be done to improve
it. These queries are being executed from within a pl/pgsql function.

Regards,
Vinita Bansal

Try the all-new MSN Search! Find exactly what you want.
http://search.msn.co.in Get more value for your time.