Re: PLpgSQL: list of scalars as row for assign stmt, fore and fors stm

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, neilc(at)samurai(dot)com
Subject: Re: PLpgSQL: list of scalars as row for assign stmt, fore and fors stm
Date: 2005-12-20 21:47:50
Lists: pgsql-patches

>Tom Lane said:
> > "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> >> x, y := r;
> >
> > That strikes me as a really bad idea. It weakens both syntax and
> > semantic error checking, to accomplish how much?
> >

>Where does the idea come from anyway? Has it been discussed on -hackers? I
>don't recall seeing it. Just sending in a patch for a "feature" you think
>is
>a good idea seems like a sub-optimal process.

No, this only my idea. I miss this functionality in fors and fore stmts. You
are true, so is better start discussion on this topic on hackers. But I
can't send attachments to -hackers. And I am not hacker or developer. I did
patch only. All others is on core hackers.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/