Re: SQL/XML publishing function experimental patch II

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: SQL/XML publishing function experimental patch II
Date: 2006-06-15 05:02:55
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hello

>If there were a serious amount of demand for the SQL2003 XML features
>then I wouldn't be averse to putting them in, but right now it looks
>like bloat with little redeeming social value.  Who other than the
>submitter has asked for this?  I don't even see "XML" listed in TODO.

1. integrating SQL/XML into engine put some possibilities for faster and
eficient generating XML file. Is important for generating large XML files.
XML has recursive sturucture and normal (classic functions) interface isn't
eficient, because it's need more XML->text conversions. Inside parser I know
if I inside recursion or outside.

2. Some people use my patch. Without my patch there will be more request for
it.

Best regards
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/