Creating DB programmatically?

From: Roy's Email <rmw256(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating DB programmatically?
Date: 2011-07-11 23:40:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
I would like to create my DB programmatically.  I.e. If the DB does not already exist, I would like to be able to create (and populate) it from within my application.  Is there some way to do this?  Everything I see seems to require connecting to an existing DB before you can do anything.

Regards,

- Roy

=*=*=
Always do right.
This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jayadevan MDate: 2011-07-12 03:16:01