Closing ResultSet and Statements

From: "Antony Paul" <antonypaul24(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc" <pgsql-hdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Closing ResultSet and Statements
Date: 2004-08-23 08:24:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,
(Sorry if repost. I posted it some days ago but couldn't found on the list)
1. Is it necessary to close all ResultSet and Statements in PostgreSQL.
2. How to know that a ResultSet is open ?. Any views to query this
information?.
3. Do closing a Statement closes the ResultSet ?.
4. I saw an option of autocommit = true in the postgresql.conf file. What
is its use. What is the default behaviour if it is commented. If I set this
to true do I have commit on all connections obtained without using a
connection pool ?.

rgds
Antony Paul