Persistent server stats collection

From: Kieren Scott <kierenscott(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Persistent server stats collection
Date: 2010-08-26 09:15:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm interested in finding a way of gathering and retaining system statistics in my
postgres instances, so I can see how certain things are changing over time. I know
postgres provides a range of pre-defined views for viewing current activity, but are
there any modules/scripts that are available to help capture (on a scheduled basis)
and retain necessary server stats in tables?

Thanks in advance.