Only standby Server in Cloud(Amazon), not the primary

From: Balkrishna Sharma <b_ki(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Only standby Server in Cloud(Amazon), not the primary
Date: 2010-06-09 15:46:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
In PostgreSQL 9.x, using Streaming replication (hot standby with PITR), is it possible to have just the standby server in Cloud(Amazon) and the primary database local ?What I am trying to achieve is get the backups guaranteed in cloud, if I just have my standby server there ?
Is it technically possible ? What are the risks and performance issues ?
Thanks,-Bala