Re: PHP Username & Password Detection From PSQL Database

From: "Yasmine Kedoo" <yazkedoo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP Username & Password Detection From PSQL Database
Date: 2004-04-07 14:16:57
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi again.

After a recommendation, i have changed my approach and i'm now using a html
form to accept the username and password.

Please view the following link:
http://www.cyber.brad.ac.uk/~yamkedoo/Tests/brandnew.html

The username 'yamkedoo' and password 'yasmine' will give Successful Login.
This works for all usernames and passwords in the database.

Though if a different password is used, Access Denied is printed as well as
an error, Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on PostgreSQL result index 2 in
/home/webpages/yamkedoo/Tests/brandnew.php on line 16, that I am unable to
solve. This applies for all incorrect passwords. Please view my code:

<?php
#Connects to the database
$database = pg_Connect ("host=pgdbs.inf.brad.ac.uk dbname = yamkedoo user =
yamkedoo password = yamkedoo");

if(!$database)
{
echo "Connection Failed<BR>";
}

else
{
#assign formusername from html form to
$auth_user
#assign formpassword from html form to
$auth_pass
$auth_user = trim($formusername);
$auth_pass = trim($formpassword);

$query = "SELECT * FROM PatPerInfo WHERE trim(username) = '$auth_user' AND
trim(password) = '$auth_pass'";
$result = pg_exec($database, $query);
$row = pg_fetch_object($result, $rw);

if($row)
{
print "Successful Login\n";
}

else
{
print "Access Denied\n";
}
}

pg_close($database);

?>

If anyone can spot any mistakes, i will welcome suggestions ;-)

Thanx

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger