Re: JPA and Postgresql

From: Robert Wimmer <seppwimmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JPA and Postgresql
Date: 2007-10-27 23:08:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Robert Wimmer wrote:
>
> > if there would exist a postgresql jdbc4 driver that supports the features
> > you need for the JPA extensions, i wouldnt have asked here.
>
> Well, what are the features that JPA needs that the current driver
> doesn't provide? Assume that we know nothing about JPA.

qoute from jdbc.postgresql.org

"JDK 1.6 - JDBC4.  Support for JDBC4 methods is limited.
          The driver builds, but the majority of new methods are stubbed out"

what i want to do is to use the new java annotations for "OR-Mapping".  so i dont have to do all these mappings by hand and via SQL Strings. the following is an example that runs with derby on eclipse. trying similar things with the new jdbc driver  didnt work.

** snippet

@Entity
@Table(name = "PRODUCTLINE", schema = "CLASSICCARS", uniqueConstraints = {})
public class Productline implements java.io.Serializable {

**

 regards sepp

Jetzt 30 Gratis-Emoticons für Windows Live Messenger downloaden!
http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/de-at/