Re: Relation does not exist problem

From: "Robert Wimmer" <seppwimmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: extern(dot)Lars(dot)Oeschey(at)AUDI(dot)DE, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Relation does not exist problem
Date: 2007-09-18 13:06:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

>From: "Oeschey, Lars (I/EK-142, extern)" <extern(dot)Lars(dot)Oeschey(at)AUDI(dot)DE>

>hm, when I try to do that with pgadmin, I only have groups available. I
>see public and g_a. And with every 7.4 database we have here, it's also
>done the same way. I have a group, with users, and I grant acess to the
>group (not the user).

you dont have to grant the schema usage to the user and the group. if you
grant it to the group, its granted to the groupmembers implicit. if you
select the schema in pgadmin you should see something like

-- Schema: "entry"

-- DROP SCHEMA entry;

CREATE SCHEMA entry
AUTHORIZATION postgres;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA entry TO postgres;
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA entry TO GROUP contact_user_group;

regards Sepp Wimmer

JETZT die neueste Version des Windows Live Messenger downloaden!
http://get.live.com/de-at/messenger/overview