Re: Using VC++ Express to develop pgAdmin3

From: "Jeff Boehmer" <jeff_boehmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using VC++ Express to develop pgAdmin3
Date: 2007-03-06 17:52:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
David,

Thanks for the advice.

I am able to run the wxWidgets samples and create my own wxWidget 'hello
world' test.

While going through the setup for the 'hello world' I realized that some of
the additional dependencies I had set up for pgAdmin3 were incorrect.
(That's what I get for cutting and pasting from help sites without cross
checking my libraries.)

I still get the access violation but I can now debug the location
(wxStringBase.GetStringData()).  I will sweep through my setup again and
double check everything.

Thanks again for the help,

Jeff

>From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
>To: Jeff Boehmer <jeff_boehmer(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Using VC++ Express to develop pgAdmin3
>Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:02:48 +0000
>
>Jeff Boehmer wrote:
>>David,
>>
>>Thanks for your reply.  It's been a long time since I did any c/c++
>>development.  For the last 10 years it's been a lot of Java, VB, web, and
>>database work.  I have some free time right now because I am between jobs
>>so I thought I would look into open source.
>>
>>Since I haven't used VC development tools in a long while I have had to
>>start from scratch.  Just getting the VC Express, the PDK, Postgres, and
>>wxWidgets setup and/or compiled has taken me a number of days.  Obviously
>>I still have something messed up in my setup somewhere.
>>
>>Since this error pops up before any break points that I set, do you think
>>it's a missing dll reference or something.  Any suggestions would be
>>helpful.
>
>[Please keep replies on list]
>
>No, I don't think so - it's pretty good about warning for things like that.
>Can you run the wxWidgets sample apps OK?
>
>Regards, Dave

Dont miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft