Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?

From: henk de wit <henk53602(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?
Date: 2007-10-12 20:59:52
Lists: pgsql-performance
> This query takes a totally unrealistic amount of time for execution (I have it running for >30 minutes now on a machine with 8GB and 4 cores(at)2(dot)66Ghz, and it still isn't finished).

To correct myself, I looked at the wrong window earlier, when I typed the email the query had in fact finished already and took about 18 minutes (which is still really long for such a query of course), but more than 30 minutes was wrong.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: henk de witDate: 2007-10-12 21:09:35