add serial no

From: "Keith" <siu_keith(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: add serial no
Date: 2004-08-22 09:47:17
Lists: pgsql-admin
Dear All,

Someone can help me to solve the below problems

1. I create a table for a period of time, there is huge records already posted.
I would like to alter table and add serial primary key on that table.  It's impossible to add serial no by hand. Please adv  how can I add the serial number automatically.

2. Is there any library to translate digit number to English, I mean translate '1234' to 'one thousand two hundred thirty four'.. Pls help.

regards

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Sanjay AroraDate: 2004-08-22 12:08:11