Re: working with arrays inside a plpgsql function

From: "Luis Silva" <lfs12(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: working with arrays inside a plpgsql function
Date: 2007-02-15 17:16:55
Lists: pgsql-novice
Tks for the answer, I used a different approach based on the information
that you supplied:

Used the function array_to_string and passed the info to a text variable.

BTW, is it possible to pass into an array the result of a query? tks again,
the last answer was very useful!

>From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
>To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: Re: [NOVICE] working with arrays inside a plpgsql function
>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:06:56 +0100
>
>Luis Silva <lfs12(at)hotmail(dot)com> schrieb:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm trying to use array inside a pl/pgsql function and I'm having some
> > problems using the all array at the same time. Let me give you an
>example:
> >
> > ident text[];
> >
> > BEGIN
> >
> > ident = $1;  -- $1 is a array argument from the plpgsql function
> > EXECUTE 'SELECT count(identity) FROM public_data WHERE identity IN
>||ident
> > INTO asds;
>
>At least a missing ' between IN and ||.
>

> > PS - How can I retrieved the size ofthe array? I saw the manual and I
> > couldn't find it.
>
>array_dims(), array_lower(), array_upper()
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-array.html
>

>Andreas
>--
>Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
>unintentional side effect.                              (Linus Torvalds)
>"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)
>Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe.              N 51.05082, E 13.56889

>TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Valentines Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping