Max User Connections

From: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Max User Connections
Date: 2006-08-22 04:22:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have set Max Connection parameter as 1000 in Postgres.conf file.
But it only allows max connections to be 155. I have increased
Shared buffer parameter also. I am not able to find out a solution to this
problem. I have searched in the archives as well. Do I need to increase the
Shared memory in Windows, as I am running my application on windows.

Please anyone let me know about this.

Thanks
Vishal