initializing the DB cluster

From: "Islam Hegazy" <islheg(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initializing the DB cluster
Date: 2007-05-23 05:44:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all

I installed the source of PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on a linux machine. The installation process ended successfully but when I try to create the database cluster using the initdb command I get the following error:
"
creating conversions ... sh: line 1: 1838 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "/home/grads/imehegaz/MyPostgreSQL/bin/postgres" --single -F -O -c search_path=pg_catalog -c exit_on_error=true template1 >/dev/null
child process exited with exit code 139
"
I installed the same source code before several time but this is the first time to get this error. Any idea of what could be the problem?

Regards
Islam Hegazy