Limiting character count

From: "roy simkes" <roysimkes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Limiting character count
Date: 2006-07-26 08:47:10
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,I'm have a field which allows maximum 1000 characters. But when I fecth it I only want to show first 50 characters and then give a link to see the whole data. Is there a way to do this easily with postgresql or I should do this using php functions and other logic things.I hope I was clear enough I should show something like this:Hi, I'm new in town and I'm a little bit lost can yo... (more)Where the whole text is :Hi I'm new in town and I'm a little bit lost can you show me where is Mr Brown's house?
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Christoph FrickDate: 2006-07-26 09:09:38