moving content of a table to another table

From: "roy simkes" <roysimkes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: moving content of a table to another table
Date: 2006-08-31 13:05:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm curious if there is a way to move content of a table to another table? I do not like to create lot's of insert commands and then delete them. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this. But I would also like to know if there can be any problem with a coloumn type of serial. While moving the tables pgsql will change the serial to the next value of the sequence or will it leave as it is, and when I reach hat number I will have a problem about duplicate entry

Thanks.
Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685ee3e858fe