Column Name = column does not exist

From: brian stapel <brians_224(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Column Name = column does not exist
Date: 2007-01-08 22:38:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for your time.

I'm in the process of trying to incorporate three Human Resource systems into one. Each of the three systems had a different author and no standards were followed - consequently the table design leaves a bit to be desired. One of the most critical tables has a field named:Last_Name (case specific). When I execute 'Select Last_Name from employee' the statement fails with the following message: column "last_name" does not exist. If I wrap the field name in quotes "Last_Name" for example, the query works as expected.

Is this typical behavior?

Thanks again.
Get the Live.com Holiday Page for recipes, gift-giving ideas, and more.
www.live.com/?addtemplate=holiday