Re: LISTEN / NOTIFY Feature

From: "Adnan DURSUN" <a_dursun(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LISTEN / NOTIFY Feature
Date: 2007-06-01 18:57:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Adnan DURSUN" <a_dursun(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ODBC] LISTEN / NOTIFY Feture

> Adnan DURSUN wrote:
>>
>>        Hi all,
>>
>>    I am using VB6 for frontend. Does pgsqlODBC support PostgreSQL LISTEN
>> / NOTIFY feature ?
>
> Currently not.
> How do you expect to handle LISTEN/NOTIFY using ODBC ?

        I dont know how. I think another problem to handle this is ADO !...
ADO doesnt have any event that will be raised when a notifications arrived
to client.
    I consider, maybe another way is to listen the port that ODBC
communicates with database on client machine. But, windows doesnt allow to
listen that port.
    It says "port is buys" when i try to listen that port.

        Maybe it is possibble to make a second conneciton to database beyond
ODBC in the same app using winsock. But, libpg.dll coulnd not be used with
inVB6.
    When i tried this i got "Bad DLL calling convention" message !

        So, i didnt find any way to do this !!

    Best regards

    Adnan DURSUN
    ASRIN Bili┼čim Ltd.