Re: 'FATAL: database "null" does not exist ' when accessing through a

From: "Joeseph Blowseph" <joseph_blowseph(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'FATAL: database "null" does not exist ' when accessing through a
Date: 2006-01-14 16:59:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
The datasource construction parameters are stored in a data-sources xml file
like this:

  <native-data-source name="PGDS1"
    data-source-class="org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource"
    jndi-name="jdbc/PGPooling"
    user="postgres" password="password"
    url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/PGSQL1"/>

The program code does a jdni lookup for the DataSource. That means that you
don't have to hard-code connection details into the source. But, as things
stand, I have to hard-code the database name.

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/