I hope I'm missing something...

From: "brian plummer" <bplummer(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I hope I'm missing something...
Date: 2004-04-23 23:58:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've just spent some time looking at the libpq API and it appears that I
cannot process the actual field data from a select statement in the native
type of that field. Is this correct? For example, if I have an IEEE
floating point number stored in a table and I exec a select to get this
field, my expectation is that when I process my results I will be able to
get a pointer to an IEEE floating point number in my libpq program. It does
not appear that this functionality exists in libpq. Could someone confirm
this. The analogous function in Sybase dblibrary would be dbdata(...). If
I'm wrong, and it is possible to do what I need to do, please point me in
the right direction.

Thanks for your time,
Brian