Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Kulovits <kulovits(at)emarsys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date: 2011-05-12 08:35:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

2011/5/12 PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>:
> folks,
>
> i just wanted to inform everybody who is involved in the PostgreSQL project and who is doing advocacy or other professional work in this area that EDB is shamelessly copying reference lists from our website:
>
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/customer-success/where-its-hot-and-where-its-not?elq=f0dc4e2aae564641b1bb30d33ff42325

Hans,

It's a nice conspiracy theory I'll grant you, but really this is just
a simple miscommunication between the folks that put the map together
and the web guys.

You'll have seen that there were 2 colours of dots on the map. The
green ones are a selection of our customers, and the orange ones are
known PostgreSQL users. The web guys mistakenly thought the map showed
just our customers and wrote the page accordingly. This has now been
fixed.

Thanks for brining this to our attention.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company