Backing Up ?

From: James David Smith <james(dot)david(dot)smith(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backing Up ?
Date: 2011-06-16 13:46:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I'm using a PostgreSQL + PostGIS database for a large project at the
moment, and would like advice on the best way to back it up incase
something goes wrong or I delete something by accident etc...? I see
that if I right-click on my database there is a 'Back-up' option which
creates a back-up of the database as a compressed file, so I thought
that this would be perfect, however I just made a minor error and
decided to reintate my back-up using the 'right-click > restore'
option, and it hasn't seem to do it. So I'm a bit confused now.

Thanks

James

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Oliveiros d'Azevedo CristinaDate: 2011-06-16 13:56:00