add support for logging current role (what to review?)

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: add support for logging current role (what to review?)
Date: 2011-06-27 22:25:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Ive been holding off because its marked as Waiting on Author, am now
thinking thats a mistake. =)

It links to this patch:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20110215135131.GX4116@tamriel.snowman.net

Which is older than the latest patch in that thread posted by Robert:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTikMadttguOWTkKLtgfe90kxR=U9njk9zEbRwb-+@mail.gmail.com

(There are also various other patches and versions in that thread...)

The main difference between the first and the last patch is the first
one has support for changing what csv columns we output, while the
latter just tacks on an additional column.

The thread was very long and left me a bit confused as to what I
should actually be looking at. Or perhaps thats the point-- we need to
decide if a csvlog_fields GUC is worth it.