Re: pgAdmin 1.14 Visual Tour

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.14 Visual Tour
Date: 2011-05-04 18:05:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 04:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> On 05/04/2011 03:47 PM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> Can I edit that file directly? Seems easier than giving feedback.
>>>

>> Sure, go ahead.
>>

> As you weren't working on it, I did a few changes that Vik Reykja told
> me about.

OK, I made a pass over it and tweaked a bunch of things. One thing I didn't fix:

' . _("Select old values when connecting to another server and
Load plugins from any .ini file found in a new ") . '

The text seems to appear randomly in the file. Unfinished paragraph?

Also (I can't be bothered to check this now as I'm too tired) - do we
only allow the user to install extensions that the server knows about
as the text implies? Because you can add any extension to the
filesystem and use CREATE EXTENSION on it, as long as the control file
is in the right place.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com